Apple’s News App may be the old-told big news, however with its recent announcement; it has made a notable distinction. As reported on March 15, 2016, Apple has finally invited all publishers to access and create contents for its News App. From the time of its launch in last September the rights to publish in Apple’s News App were only given to their 100 eminent media partners including CNN, The New York Times, Bloomberg, ESPN, the Atlantic etc. Discernibly, the motive behind this mass publishing has been identified due to a significant lack of reader engagement and data share from its earlier 40 million subscribed Apple’s News readers. Its to be seen that how it goes with apple fans but this move will surely help small and medium publishers and has surely opened the new venue to publish their stories/blogs.
It is expected for the company to launch few new editing tools for its iOS mobile app and hopefully entice more editors and writers to be a part of this initiative. Using this portal, any publishers can build, edit and deliver their news stories which will be obtainable on iPhone and iPad. Although the publisher can either be a freelancer, a newspaper portal or a magazine company, however they will be duly approved by Apple
Here’s a view on how this news app can leverage the engagement of new publishers with some of its conspicuous approaches:
- Convenient News Format: Apple’s News app gives publishers an amazing platform to post their blogs, news, magazines and much more. On top of that their platform is highly sophisticated, where publishers can customize texts, photos, videos, audios, animations and other contents easily. For customers who don’t prefer Apple’s News format, they can also use RSS Feeds.
- Fast Publishing: With a website’s slow loading time, mobile readers often lose their interest and choose to opt out from reading, this has been a major issue with many small and medium size publishers who cannot afford mobile app development services to get developed a mobile application to promote their content. Tackling this, Apple has sorted the issue by assuring the articles to be posted on their site instead of their publisher’s.
- Accurate Reader Metrics: Massive Reader engagement is pivotal for News App’s success. Apple finds a new solution to detect the right web traffic figures by integrating the app with ComScore. This will help publisher in a great way to plan their content strategy and make the best use of accurate reader metrics.
- Productive Advertising: Apple promises to ensure a wide base of readers with productive advertising campaigns. Publishers can also involve ads in their articles with the advertising platform of Apple called iAd.
- Analytics Dashboard: Apple will provide an efficient data viewing process by which publishers will be able to view important information on the number of viewers of the content and the time spent in reading the article. Depending on the frequency of article sharing, Publishers will receive an idea on the popularity and demand of their contents. To achieve a raving response, they can consequently analyze their contents and optimize it accordingly before publishing. This will help publishers a lot as this analytics information will guide them in a right direction.
If by any chance you’re a publisher reading this blog and you would wish an easy set-up of your Apple News publisher account through professional hands, then get your worries sorted with a quick contact to CG Colors (NY’s favorite mobile app development) – we love helping!