Marketing your jewelry business can be lot easier if you have multiple tricks to try and see which one works best in your favor. So, we have compiled a list of techniques you can use to market your shopify jewelry store without spending a fortune.
1. Gift Cards
Jewelry is still one of the most popular gift option and people spend lots of money to buy the gift for their loved ones. You can take advantage of this and give user an easy way to gift the jewelry to friend or family using your site. You can also sell gift cards on your website which can be bought and send to friend to buy the jewelry of their choice.
Recommended Shopify App, WordPress Plugin, BigCommerce App, Magento Extension for Gift Card
- Shopify App – Shopkeeper Gift Cards Shopify Gift Card App
- WooCommerce Plugin – https://woocommerce.com/products/gift-cards/
- BigCommerce App – https://www.bigcommerce.com/apps/viigii/
- Magento Extension – https://marketplace.magento.com/aheadworks-module-giftcard.html
2. Look Book
Promote the jewelry through complete look-book. It is collection of images of your products where you can use models to showcase the jewelry. Seeing the jewelry on a real person gives user a better reason to buy that.
Recommended Shopify App, WordPress Plugin, BigCommerce App, Magento Extension for Look Book
- Shopify App – lookbook
- Lookbooks – Shoppable Lookbook Galleries
- WooCommerce Plugin – https://wordpress.org/plugins/woo-lookbook/
- BigCommerce App – https://www.bigcommerce.com/apps/lookbooks/
- Magento Extension – https://store.webkul.com/magento2-lookbook-extension.html
3. Abandon Cart Recovery
Almost 50% of user on any jewelry store leave the site with products in their cart without completing the order. There are many reasons behind that such as high shipping rates, changed their mind, difficult checkout process, switch to some other more important work etc. You can target those users by installing abandon cart recovery app/plugin on your site and send them better offer afterwards on their email address or ask if they need help in completing the order. Shopify provides abandon cart recovery in their plus plan so moving to plus plan can help your business.
Recommended Shopify App, WordPress Plugin, BigCommerce App, Magento Extension for Abandon Cart Recovery
- Shopify App – Beautiful Abandoned Cart Emails
- Shopify App – Abandon Aid
- Shopify App – Consistent Cart, Abandoned Cart Emails & More
- WooCommerce Plugin – https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-abandoned-cart/
- BigCommerce App – https://www.bigcommerce.com/apps/abandoned-cart-recovery-by-chated-io/
- Magento Extension – https://marketplace.magento.com/recapture-magento2-connector.html
4. Return Policy
Having the good return policy in place can help your customers in a big way. As people are buying the product online they are always afraid if they don’t like the product, can they return the product or exchange that. Not having the clear return policy can be a big turnoff for jewelry buyers.
- Download Return/Refund Policy Template
- WooCommerce Plugin – https://wordpress.org/plugins/woo-refund-and-exchange-lite/
- BigCommerce App – https://support.bigcommerce.com/s/article/Processing-Returns
- Magento Extension – https://www.weltpixel.com/magento-2-returns-rma.html
Coupon code popups are great. They keep users on your website and entice them to use the coupon and get big savings on products. You can also use exit intent popup to prevent user closing your site. It’s important to give a great offer to user who is planning to close your site. Offer should be strong enough to stop user from closing the site and place an order.
Recommended Shopify App, WordPress Plugin, BigCommerce App, Magento Extension for Popups
- Shopify App – Pop-Up Window
- Shopify App – Privy – Free email popups with exit intent
- Shopify App – Wheelio – World First Interactive Exit Intent Pop-up
- Shopify App – Popup
- WooCommerce Plugin – https://wordpress.org/plugins/splash-popup-for-woocommerce/
- BigCommerce App – https://www.bigcommerce.com/apps/popup-by-powr/
- Magento Extension – https://www.mageplaza.com/magento-2-better-popup/
6. Referral Program
This is common that users want to show their jewelry to friends and relatives. You can give commission or discount to users when they refer your website to their friends and their friend buys any product from your jewelry store.
Recommended Shopify App, WordPress Plugin, BigCommerce App, Magento Extension for Referral Program
- Shopify App – Rewards and Referrals by Swell
- Shopify App – ReferralCandy
- Shopify App – Conjured Referrals
- WooCommerce Plugin – https://woocommerce.com/products/referral-system-for-woocommerce/
- BigCommerce App – https://www.referralcandy.com/blog/bigcommerce-setup/
- Magento Extension – https://amasty.com/affiliate-for-magento-2.html
7. Product Image
Having the great product Jewelry looks better if you place it on models. So you should add model based jewelry images in all products. If possible than provide web cam facility to users so they can take live trial on their face. It can help you to boost your revenue and sales. Products images quality should be good which can motivate users to buy your jewelry products.
How to take stunning product pictures – tutorial
Recommended Shopify App, WordPress Plugin, BigCommerce App, Magento Extension for Product Image
- WooCommerce Plugin – https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-image-zoom/
- BigCommerce App – https://www.bigcommerce.com/apps/gallery-by-powr/
- Magento Extension – https://marketplace.magento.com/solidewebservices-productimageenhancements.html
8. Product Recommendation
Show similar products in the bottom of the product page. It can make your website more user friendly and help to increase sales and revenue.
Recommended Shopify App, WordPress Plugin, BigCommerce App, Magento Extension for Product Recommendation
- Shopify App – Personalized Recommendations
- Shopify App – Directed Edge Product Recommender
- Shopify App – GrowCart
- WooCommerce Plugin – https://woocommerce.com/products/product-recommendations/
- BigCommerce App – https://www.bigcommerce.com/apps/reccommerce/
- Magento Extension – https://marketplace.magento.com/magento-product-recommendations.html
9. Live Chat
Live chat is winning all hearts. Customers love live chat as they can get the answer to their questions easily without wasting so much time to find an answer to their basic question. Live chat increases the sales also help expediting the order process for customers as they have one real person on every page to help them completing the order.
Recommended Shopify App, WordPress Plugin, BigCommerce App, Magento Extension for Live Chat
- Shopify App – Zendesk Chat (formerly Zopim) by Combidesk
- Shopify App – Free live chat + 24/7 automated bot
- Shopify App – Tidio Live Chat
- WooCommerce Plugin – https://woocommerce.com/products/livechat/
- BigCommerce App – https://www.bigcommerce.com/apps/livechatinc/
- Magento Extension – https://marketplace.magento.com/extensions/customer-support/live-chat.html
10. Customer Support & FAQ
You should add customer support email and phone number (recommend toll free number) in the footer area so user can easily ask their questions and issues. You can add FAQ section or link for common questions.
Recommended Shopify App, WordPress Plugin, BigCommerce App, Magento Extension for Customer Support & FAQ
- Shopify App – Zendesk
- WooCommerce Plugin – https://codecanyon.net/item/woocommerce-product-faqs-plugin-ask-a-question/20451491
- BigCommerce App – https://www.bigcommerce.com/apps/faq-by-powr/
- Magento Extension – https://amasty.com/faq-and-product-questions-for-magento-2.html
11. Order Tracking
It’s the best practice to provide order tracking feature on the website so user can easily track their order. It will reduce the extra burden on order processing team to answer every person where their products are right now and when can they expect to be delivered to their doorstep.
UPS/USPS/FedEx already have api’s to provide order tracking status and these api’s can be integrated within the ecommerce store to provide customers an option to track the orders.
You can send order tracking number along with order confirmation email. We can help you setting this up so if you need help, please contact us.
- Shopify App – Trackr – Shipping Tracking Page
- Shopify App – Order Lookup
- Shopify App – Tracktor by ShopPad
- WooCommerce Plugin – https://wordpress.org/plugins/woo-advanced-shipment-tracking/
- BigCommerce App – https://www.bigcommerce.com/apps/tracking/
- Magento Extension – https://magecomp.com/magento-order-tracking.html
12. Upsell Offers
Upsell offers works well with jewelry stores as well. You can give some discounts to people who buy more than one product or give something free if they X number of products. There are many ways to upsell your jewelry products you just need to think what offer will work best for your customers.
Recommended Shopify App, WordPress Plugin, BigCommerce App, Magento Extension for Upsell Offers
- Shopify App – Product Upsell
- Shopify App – Upsell Hero – Upsell Offers
- Shopify App – In Cart Upsell by Awesome Software
- WooCommerce Plugin – https://wordpress.org/plugins/upsell-order-bump-offer-for-woocommerce/
- BigCommerce App – https://www.bigcommerce.com/apps/unlimited-upsell-buy-x-get-y/
- Magento Extension – https://mofluid.com/blog/best-magento-2-extensions-to-run-upsell-offers-that-convert/
13. Email Marketing
After collecting customer emails from popup (exit intent popup, time popup, scroll popup), order sign-up, email newsletter sign-up send them offers, coupons and relevant products with call to action button and beautiful images, you can start doing the email marketing. Email marketing is not dead yet. You can send weekly or monthly newsletters with new products and offers. These weekly or monthly e-newsletters can increase the sales upto 5%-10%.
Recommended Shopify App, WordPress Plugin, BigCommerce App, Magento Extension for Email Marketing
- Shopify App – MailChimp for Shopify
- Shopify App – eCommerce Email Marketing by Soundest
- Shopify App – Klaviyo Email Marketing for Shopify
- WooCommerce Plugin – https://wordpress.org/plugins/smartrmail-personalized-email-marketing/
- BigCommerce App – https://www.bigcommerce.com/apps/email-marketing/
- Magento Extension – https://www.mageplaza.com/review/email-marketing/
14. Instagram Marketing
Instagram is a popular social media platform where people share their pictures and videos and are used to checking beautiful pictures of people and products. Instagram is repetitively proving that it’s great platform for jewelry store owners as the audience on this app mostly young people who are always trying to look best and great jewelry can definitely help.
Recommended Shopify App, WordPress Plugin, BigCommerce App, Magento Extension for Instagram Marketing
- Shopify App – Instafeed
- Shopify App – Instagram shop by Snapppt
- WooCommerce Plugin – https://woocommerce.com/products/woocommerce-instagram/
- BigCommerce App – https://www.bigcommerce.com/apps/instagram-feed-gallery/
- Magento Extension – https://marketplace.magento.com/magenest-module-instagram-shop.html
15. Facebook marketing
You should do regular posting on your fan page, you can connect here your most of the jewelry audience. You can also try Facebook paid campaigns which are not expensive.
- WooCommerce Plugin – https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/facebook-for-woocommerce/
- BigCommerce App – https://www.bigcommerce.com/apps/facebook-ads-by-sales-orders/
- Magento Extension – https://amasty.com/magento-2-facebook-feed.html
16. Pinterest Marketing
Though pinterest is not like instagram where you can sell your products but pinterest surely help bringing traffic to your site which can result into good number of customers. It’s important you promote your jewelry effectively on pinterest. Make sure your product title is compelling and can attract these eyeballs.
- Shopify App – Pinterest
- WooCommerce Plugin – https://woocommerce.com/products/pinterest-for-woocommerce/
- Magento Extension – https://marketplace.magento.com/neklo-module-pinterest.html
17. Sale on third party sites (Amazon, eBay)
Though you have pretty impressive shopify ecommerce store and sales are pretty good, you cannot simply ignore sites like Amazon, Etsy and eBay. These portals can bring lots customers to you and many jewelers have mentioned that they make more sales on these third party sites than their own store.
Recommended Shopify App, WordPress Plugin, BigCommerce App, Magento Extension for third party sites
- Shopify App – ByteStand – Amazon to Shopify in one click
- Shopify App – Sellbrite
- WooCommerce Plugin – https://woocommerce.com/products/amazon-ebay-integration/
- BigCommerce App – https://www.channelsale.com/partners/webstores/bigcommerce.aspx
- Magento Extension – https://marketplace.magento.com/ced-ebay-integration-m2.html
18. SEO (Search Engine Marketing)
Search engine optimization is one of the best way to promote the website and if get the good SEO ranking results will last for a longer period of time. SEO is the most powerful way to bring customers and customer acquisition cost through SEO way lesser than the other mediums but initially it takes lots of time and effort to reach to the first page.
Recommended Shopify App, WordPress Plugin, BigCommerce App, Magento Extension for SEO
- Shopify App – Plug in SEO
- Shopify App – SEO Manager
- WooCommerce Plugin – https://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-seo/
- BigCommerce App – https://www.bigcommerce.com/apps/reloadseo/
- Magento Extension – https://amasty.com/seo-toolkit-for-magento-2.html
19. PPC (Google Adwords)
PPC is the faster way to get the customers to your store but it comes with the steep price. You will be competing with other people to show your ads and price usually remain $10/per click for jewelry industry which is quite high. PPC is a good start for the jewlery who recently launched the store and need some quick customers.
Recommended Shopify App, WordPress Plugin, BigCommerce App, Magento Extension for PPC
- WooCommerce Plugin – https://woocommerce.com/products/google-ads-and-marketing/
- BigCommerce App – https://www.bigcommerce.com/apps/traffic-booster/
- Magento Extension – https://www.scommerce-mage.com/magento-google-adwords-conversion-tracking.html
20. Multiple Payment Method
You should provide multiple payment methods during checkout like PayPal, Credit Card, Amazon, Debit Card, it can help you to convert more users.
Recommended Shopify App, WordPress Plugin, BigCommerce App, Magento Extension for Multiple Payment Method<
- WooCommerce Plugin – https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-google-adwords-conversion-tracking-tag/
- BigCommerce App – https://www.bigcommerce.com/apps/payment-groups/
- Magento Extension – https://community.magento.com/t5/Magento-2-x-Programming/Magento-2-How-to-add-multiple-payment-method-under-single/td-p/75567
21. Videos marketing
When we talk about selling products online your customers would love to see what they are getting.
No doubt you might have invested in high-quality product images, or must have written an engaging product description, but nothing tells the story quite like an engaging video. The statistics of the video marketing speak for themselves.
“81% of businesses use video as a marketing tool — up from 63% over the last year.” -Hubspot
What this shows us is that the majority of the people watch online videos regularly. Video marketing plays a huge role in conversions.
With video marketing you can;
- Explain how to use your products
- Describe all of the features and functionality
- Share happy customer reviews
- Create a story around your product
- Tell customers about your business mission and values
- Show your product in action
- Instill more confidence in potential customers
- Drive home the benefits and what makes you stand out.
How to shoot 360 Degree video of a product using iPhone
Free app – #Foldio360. A free iphone app
Recommended Shopify App, WordPress Plugin, BigCommerce App, Magento Extension for Videos marketing
- WooCommerce Plugin – https://wordpress.org/plugins/product-video-gallery-slider-for-woocommerce/
- BigCommerce App – https://www.bigcommerce.com/apps/shogun-landing-page-builder/
- Magento Extension – https://www.fmeextensions.com/product-videos.html
22. Influencer marketing
Influencer marketing has become really effective and has come a really long way. Social proof matters a lot to people. Since social proof spreads like wildfire through social media these days, influencers are an easy way to add fuel to the fire! Influencers have the social power to persuade their large audiences to promote, buy and follow a brand they discuss or feature on their pages.
“According to twitter 40% of Twitter users say they’ve made a purchase as a direct result of a Tweet from an influencer.”
How can you use influencer marketing;
- Instagram storytelling
- Influencer promo codes
- Create meaningful relationships
- Visual content (expect high-quality imagery from your influencers.)
- create unique hashtags for influencer campaigns
- Contests and giveaways
Recommended Shopify App, WordPress Plugin, BigCommerce App, Magento Extension for Influencer marketing
- WooCommerce Plugin – https://woocommerce.com/products/affiliate-for-woocommerce/
- Magento Extension – https://store.magenest.com/magento-2/affiliate-extension.html
23. Live chat and Chatbot
Chatbots and live chat have been bringing in a lot of transformation; they are recreating the experience users have with businesses and replacing it with an experience they have with friends. Since they are built with AI and driven by a predefined set of rules, they learn and adapt themselves to complex business problems and offer quick solutions to user inquiries – just as humans would. The benefits of using chatbots for your e-commerce business are many
Why should you consider using live chat for an ecommerce website?
- Instant support
- Chatbots/Live chat increases conversions
- It is a cost-effective solution
- Live chat window and chatbots are easy to spot
- Provides in-depth answers to customers
- A preferred contact platform
- Gives customers a personalised service
Recommended Shopify App, WordPress Plugin, BigCommerce App, Magento Extension for
Live chat – https://www.livechat.com/?a=6GNm8BSMg&utm_source=PP
Recommended Shopify App, WordPress Plugin, BigCommerce App, Magento Extension for Live chat and Chatbot
- WooCommerce Plugin – https://wordpress.org/plugins/chatbot/
- BigCommerce App – https://www.bigcommerce.com/apps/maisie/
- Magento Extension – https://landofcoder.com/magento-2-live-chat-extension.html
24. Contact on Whatsapp
By having a Whatsapp-integrated e-commerce store, ecommerce store owners can consistently stay in touch with their customers, and increase brand recognition and recall Ultimately, they can use Whatsapp Business for e-commerce to improve the most important factor behind any business success – customer experiences.
Here are some good advantages of integrating whatsapp into your ecommerce business;
- It attracts users
- You can turn it into a customer service channel
- Share relevant information
- Use your status to spread news and updates
- Segment your users
Recommended Shopify App, WordPress Plugin, BigCommerce App, Magento Extension for Contact on Whatsapp
- WooCommerce Plugin – https://wordpress.org/plugins/click-to-chat-for-whatsapp/
- BigCommerce App – https://elfsight.com/whatsapp-chat-widget/bigcommerce/
- Magento Extension – https://magecomp.com/magento-whatsapp-contact.html
25. User-generated reviews
User-generated content, such as product reviews, social media integration, FAQ forums and discussion boards, directly connects your brand with customers.
If you allow your customers to share their own style, opinions, and experiences with your products, they’re far more likely to engage with your brand.
Luckily, mostly everybody likes talking about themselves this is why user-generated reviews are so powerful. “82% of consumers consider user-generated product reviews extremely valuable and 70% of consumers look at ratings or reviews before making any purchasing decisions.”
What are some ways to use user-generated reviews;
- Showcase the benefits of your products
- Create customer testimonials
- Build your community around customers
- Include pictures with product reviews
You can import customer reviews of your product and social media platforms https://embedsocial.com/products/embedreviews/
Recommended Shopify App, WordPress Plugin, BigCommerce App, Magento Extension for User-generated reviews
- WooCommerce Plugin – https://wordpress.org/plugins/customer-reviews-woocommerce/
- BigCommerce App – https://www.bigcommerce.ca/apps/yotpo-social-reviews/?search=bulk
- Magento Extension – https://marketplace.magento.com/pixlee-magento2.html
People often do not want to wait for an item to ship; they want instant grantification. Shoppers go online just to research and complete the purchase in person. This is specifically true for the millennials as they are the ones who tend to do the research online before making a purchase in store.
Therefore, it is important to have a find-in-store feature.
Recommended Shopify App, WordPress Plugin, BigCommerce App, Magento Extension for Find-in-store
- Shopify app – https://apps.shopify.com/find-a-store
- WooCommerce Plugin – https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-store-locator/
- BigCommerce App – https://www.bigcommerce.com/apps/storemapper-store-locator/
- Magento Extension – https://www.mageplaza.com/magento-2-store-locator-extension/
27. FAQ in product description
A great FAQ is one of the most important elements of your ecommerce store. When a customer has unanswered questions it is a major barrier to making a purchase. Short of having a personal conversation with each and every customer, the FAQ page serves to efficiently resolve as many of these barriers as possible.
By anticipating your customers’ questions and helping them quickly find clear answers, you can help stimulate the in-person shopping experience where questions are answered in real-time. Working diligently on your FAQ page helps significantly bridge the gap between that aspect of online vs. brick-and-mortar shopping.
So, when considering your product pages and user experience design, make sure that the FAQ page is easy to find and that you add extra navigation points in areas where customers are likely to have questions. This may be at the end of a product description.
What can be some of the best ways to gather questions that matter the most to your customers;
- Customer support tickets
- Consulting with sales and support staff
- Customer feedback
- Social media
Recommended Shopify App, WordPress Plugin, BigCommerce App, Magento Extension for FAQ in product description
- WooCommerce Plugin – https://codecanyon.net/item/woocommerce-product-faqs-plugin-ask-a-question/20451491
- BigCommerce App – https://www.bigcommerce.com/apps/answerbase/
- Magento Extension – https://marketplace.magento.com/prince-module-faq.html
28. Security seals
A security seal verifies to visitors that a website is legitimate. Data is collected by the third party trust seal company that confirms that the business is authentic.
“Approximately 70% of online shoppers cancelled their online order because they did not “trust” the transaction.”
Recommended Shopify App, WordPress Plugin, BigCommerce App, Magento Extension for Security seals
- BigCommerce App – https://www.bigcommerce.com/apps/product-badges-and-labels-by-supr/
- Magento Extension – https://store.webkul.com/magento2-security-extension.html
29. User Friendly Product Zoom
Product zoom technology gives the online shoppers the virtual experience of wearing, touching, and viewing products in fine details. Online retailers including Anthropologie, Coach, GAP and VerveJewellery all use product zoom successfully to sell their products.
This is what you need to keep in mind while implementing a user friendly product zoom;
- Design your image gallery for horizontal swiping
- Support pinch and double-tap gestures
- zoom in on mouse hover
Recommended Shopify App, WordPress Plugin, BigCommerce App, Magento Extension for User Friendly Product Zoom
- WooCommerce Plugin – https://yithemes.com/themes/plugins/yith-woocommerce-zoom-magnifier/
- BigCommerce App – https://www.bigcommerce.com/apps/magic-zoom-plus/
- Magento Extension – https://amasty.com/zoom-pro.html
30. Easy process to apply Promo Codes/Promo Code suggestion
No matter how enticing your promotional offers are, your customers won’t be able to engage with them if they don’t know they exist.
Going back to precise targeting, you need to ensure you’ve communicated your promotions just in the right places for the audience you’re aiming to engage.
Here are some ways to use promo codes/discounts;
- New visitor codes
- social promoter discounts
- Free shipping coupons
- Unexpected checkout discounts
Example- Magento 2 Coupon Code Extension Free
Recommended Shopify App, WordPress Plugin, BigCommerce App, Magento Extension for Easy process to apply Promo Codes/Promo Code suggestion
- WooCommerce Plugin – https://woocommerce.com/products/smart-coupons/
- Magento Extension – https://www.modulebazaar.com/magento-2-coupon-extension/10200509
31. Share on social media and other messaging apps such as whatsapp, telegram, instagram, facebook and facebook messenger
Social media and messaging apps can help businesses perform well even in stressful situations. For starters, brands can set up both automated and live agents to accommodate all sorts of customer requests.
There are wider opportunities for personalization. As a player in the ecommerce industry, you have practically limitless opportunities for personalizing your customer’s shopping experience.
With tons of messaging apps out there, you need to make sure that the one you choose is able to accommodate your business’ needs
Now that the biggest messaging apps are 20% more popular than social media platforms, it’s become even easier for brands to migrate from their live chat platforms to social media apps. And with recent developments of in-app features, transferring customer support to messaging apps is more exciting than ever.
Recommended Shopify App, WordPress Plugin, BigCommerce App, Magento Extension for social media and other messaging apps
- WooCommerce Plugin – https://wordpress.org/plugins/add-to-any/
- BigCommerce App – https://www.bigcommerce.com/apps/elfsight-social-share-buttons/
- Magento Extension – https://www.mageplaza.com/magento-2-social-share/
32. Breadcrumb navigation
No ,we are not talking about the tasty bread crumbs which add a crunchy texture to pasta.
Breadcrumb navigation are website navigational elements that are used to create better UX and improve crawlability. Breadcrumbs impact SEO hugely when it comes to covering SEO there is a lot to contend with keywords, links and in-depth content impact your ability to rank in the almighty search engines.
Here are some benefits of using breadcrumbs for your ecommerce store;
- Breadcrumbs improve SEO
- They improve your site ranking
- Keeps customers onsite for longer
- Breadcrumbs are an easy- to-grasp way to navigate your website
33. Add to Wishlist
Wishlists are one of the most important features of an ecommerce website. They offer opportunities for both customers and business owners alike. They provide so many advantages that they should be incorporated into each webshop.
Let us have a look at some benefits the wishlist feature holds for ecommerce businesses;
- Helps you reduce the number of users that get lost on their way to check-out.
- You can easily expand your customer-base
- You can keep an eye to what your customers want
- They can help you properly anticipate stock levels
- Helps you in providing tailored marketing
Recommended Shopify App, WordPress Plugin, BigCommerce App, Magento Extension for Add to Wishlist
- WooCommerce Plugin – https://yithemes.com/themes/plugins/yith-woocommerce-wishlist/
- BigCommerce App – https://www.bigcommerce.com/apps/wishlist-plus/
- Magento Extension – https://amasty.com/multiple-wishlist-for-magento-2.html
Credit – https://yithemes.com
34. Easy cancellation and clear refund policy
The refund policy that you place on your site needs to be simple, straightforward, and easy to understand. Remember, this policy is meant to serve your customers – so it should be something that your customers can understand.
Another key to a successful refund policy is making it easy to find. The question of returns/refunds is likely to be one of the final issues a customer has in mind before making a purchase, so you don’t want them to give up on their shopping cart because they can’t find the terms of a refund.
While you don’t necessarily want to encourage returns, you do want to make it easy for your policy to be reviewed before a purchase is made. Success in business is all about serving your customers, and presenting your refund policy plainly is another small way you can offer great service.
In the end, your refund policy should be direct, easy to read, and concise. Think of a refund policy as another piece of the sales funnel.
Some of the best practices for your ecommerce cancellations and clear refund policy ;
- Your ecommerce cancellation and return policy should be easy to find
- Include clear deadlines in your commerce return policy
- Accept ecommerce returns via shipment or in-store
- Make return labels easy-to print
- Illustrate your return policy
- Re-engage your customers
- Continuously review and update your ecommerce policies
Recommended Shopify App, WordPress Plugin, BigCommerce App, Magento Extension for Easy cancellation and clear refund policy
- WooCommerce Plugin – https://wordpress.org/plugins/woo-refund-and-exchange-lite/
- Magento Extension – https://magecomp.com/magento-refund-request.html
Great blog post about – How to write a great cancellation and return policy https://www.bigcommerce.com/blog/create-a-returns-and-exchanges-policy-that-sells/
35. Size chart
If you are an E-commerce store selling wearables, you know the headache of managing the returns and refunds due to size issues.
“Sizing is frequently the No. 1 reason shoppers cite in their decision to shop in-store versus online,”
Having a comprehensive size chart can also help protect you as a merchant, particularly if you offer custom-made products.
Some of the best practices for size charts
- Understand the sizing terminologies
- Mobile responsive chart
- Show measurements clearly
- Multi-lingual chart
- International sizing conversions
- Use size guides
- Mention the size the model is wearing
- Include a supporting video
- AR technology
- Mention the position of the chart
Recommended Shopify App, WordPress Plugin, BigCommerce App, Magento Extension for Size chart
- WooCommerce Plugin – https://wordpress.org/plugins/woo-advanced-product-size-chart/
- BigCommerce App – https://www.bigcommerce.com/apps/prikid-size-charts/
- Magento Extension – https://www.mageplaza.com/magento-2-size-chart/
36. Related products
Related products offer the customers onward journeys that could result in a conversion on another product, and save going back to filter through search results. If you’re going to put related products on your ecommerce site, then think about how you can do it in a way that actually helps people with their journey
Here are some ways of doing it;
- Explain the relationship of those products to the user- and make it useful for them.
- Show the related products only when the user has added something to the cart.
- Make the related products a useful feature on the page.
Recommended Shopify App, WordPress Plugin, BigCommerce App, Magento Extension for Related products
- WooCommerce Plugin – https://wordpress.org/plugins/wt-woocommerce-related-products/
- Magento Extension – https://amasty.com/automatic-related-products-for-magento-2.html
37. Search bar
The search bar is not an accessory that adorns your website’s homepage. Make sure it appears on each page that a user navigates to. They should not have to go back to the home page each time they want to conduct a search
The search box should be clearly visible to a shopper , no matter on which page they are. The standard position, where the search box can be located is generally on the top right corner of your website. You can follow this, since creating some familiarity can speed up a customer’s search, leaving him less time to think about. Many e-commerce sites place their search bar on the top, just above or near the navigation menu bar.
Some points to consider when including a search bar on your ecommerce store;
- Location of the search box
- Color of the search box
- Search box texts and labels
- Size of the search box
Recommended Shopify App, WordPress Plugin, BigCommerce App, Magento Extension for Search bar
- Shopify app – https://apps.shopify.com/instant-search
- WooCommerce Plugin – https://wordpress.org/plugins/smart-woocommerce-search/
- BigCommerce App – https://www.bigcommerce.com/apps/freshclick/
- Magento Extension – https://amasty.com/search-pro.html
38. Clear pagination
Providing a well thought out paging navigator can immensely increase the value of your website for both search engines and users. What follows is a selection of different popular paging navigators and a short evaluation.
Be careful how you design and implement paging navigators on your websites. Choosing the wrong type can easily result in upsetting your users and search engines.
Recommended Shopify App, WordPress Plugin, BigCommerce App, Magento Extension for Clear pagination
- Magento Extension – https://amasty.com/infinite-scroll-for-magento-2.html
39. Contact Us Details
Contact information in e-commerce is not anymore restricted to phone numbers or e-mail IDs. Now you need to provide your customers with your website links, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.
Proper contact information helps your customers to reach you at the time of their problem. It works as the company’s channel for customer communication. The customer uses these mediums to inquire about the product, for booking, placing orders and delivery details. Many customers even use your social media contacts regarding any complaints, queries or for feedbacks.
HubSpot, a company that develops inbound marketing products, studied 40,000 of their customer’s contact forms, finding that when a form had only three entry fields (name, email and message) their conversion rates improved by almost 50 percent.
Recommended Shopify App, WordPress Plugin, BigCommerce App, Magento Extension for Contact Us Details
- WooCommerce Plugin – https://www.fmeextensions.com/advance-contact-us-form-popup-magento-2.html
- BigCommerce App – https://www.bigcommerce.com/apps/elfsight-contact-form/
- Magento Extension – https://www.mageants.com/contact-form-extension-for-magento-2.html
40. Product variables
Product variables acts as a way to improve the customer experience, by making it easier for customers to search for and compare products that vary slightly from one another.
Let us see how product variables help;
- Product variables help you understand your customers’ personal values
- Product variables facilitate decision-making
- Better sales
Recommended Shopify App, WordPress Plugin, BigCommerce App, Magento Extension for Product variables
- WooCommerce Plugin – https://wordpress.org/plugins/woo-variation-swatches/
- BigCommerce App – https://www.bigcommerce.com/apps/freshclick/
- Magento Extension – https://www.mageworx.com/advanced-product-options-magento-extension.html
Not only do variations improve the customer experience, if done correctly, they can increase sales, as well. Product variations help items get greater visibility.
41. Integration with CRM
In the online world, the customer lifecycle is a lot faster which means that you should put bigger efforts than in the traditional commerce. So, this is where an ecommerce CRM comes into play. This piece of software can help you convert your casual customers into loyal clients who will buy your products many years from now.
Let us look at the advantages of integrating your ecommerce store with CRM;
- Helps you discover and attract new buyers
- Gives you relevant information on the current customers and help you develop loyalty programs
- You are able to understand your customer’s buying particularities better
- You will have lower customer management costs
Recommended Shopify App, WordPress Plugin, BigCommerce App, Magento Extension for Integration with CRM
- WooCommerce Plugin – https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-crm-system/
- Magento Extension – https://marketplace.magento.com/magenest-module-zohocrm-integration.html
42. Automatic backups
The purpose of a backup is to recover the code and data to your store. It could be a partial loss, such as accidentally deleting a popular product. Or it could be the loss of your entire store, such as when a server is hacked and the contents deleted.
Backups should get your store online and functional.
What can you include in your backups?
- Code (if you’re not on a hosted platform).
- Asset files, such as images, videos, PDFs.
- Configurations and settings.
- Shopify themes design layout if they are not included in the code
Recommended Shopify App, WordPress Plugin, BigCommerce App, Magento Extension for Automatic backups
- Example – Automatic Backups
- WooCommerce Plugin – https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/
- BigCommerce App – https://www.bigcommerce.com/apps/backup/
- Magento Extension – https://mageside.com/backup-to-dropbox-2.html
43. Shop on instagram
As one of the largest social media platforms in the world, Instagram is home to one billion active users per month.
Although Instagram is a social networking service first, it is also an ecommerce platform for big and small businesses alike. In fact, the innovation in shopping features on instagram has provided many companies an opportunity to showcase their products and more easily drive higher sales by completing a purchase without leaving the platform.
Benefits of setting up an instagram shop;
- Simple online shopping for customers
- Market directly to customers
- Impulse buying
Recommended Shopify App, WordPress Plugin, BigCommerce App, Magento Extension for Shop on instagram
- WooCommerce Plugin – https://wordpress.org/plugins/shop-feed-for-instagram-by-snapppt/
- Magento Extension – https://marketplace.magento.com/magenest-module-instagram-shop.html
44. Exit popups
Exit popups happen to be one of the best ways you can gather your user’s data, raise your blog subscriptions and even convert them to make a purchase or try out a service.
There are multiple reasons why users leave websites without completing a purchase. It could be because your site didn’t offer what they were looking for, maybe they got interrupted or distracted, maybe they were just window shopping or browsing and wasn’t ready to make a purchase.
For whatever reason that they decide to bounce, that moment before they close the browser is an opportunity that leaves a small, but effective window for you to re-engage them.
Recommended Shopify App, WordPress Plugin, BigCommerce App, Magento Extension for Exit popups
- WooCommerce Plugin – https://wordpress.org/plugins/poptin/
- BigCommerce App – https://www.bigcommerce.com/apps/pixelpop/
- Magento Extension – https://www.mageplaza.com/magento-2-better-popup/
45. How can you use this feature?
- Offer exclusive and limited-time only coupon codes (Do you want to get discounts for your purchase? Y/N)
- Assuring shoppers with straight-forward money back guarantees (Do you want to leave your email to avail of our pain-free return policy? Y/N)
- Highlight consumer reviews of the product or service (Do you want to know what others say about the product? Y/N)
Example- Pop Up, Email & Exit Pop Ups
46. Language option
When we think of personalization we may think of tailored product suggestions, targeted advertising, and things such as these. However, one often overlooked but critical consideration to make when we consider personalization is – language. Having your website and its content available in a language accessible to visitors is crucial today.
What are the benefits of having the language option?
- Reaching a larger audience
- Reducing bounce and improving conversion rates
- Establishing a competitive advantage
- International search engine optimization
- Customer centrism
Recommended Shopify App, WordPress Plugin, BigCommerce App, Magento Extension for Language option
- Example – Langify
- WooCommerce Plugin – https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/
- BigCommerce App – https://www.bigcommerce.com/apps/weglot-translate/
47. Loyatly programs
An eCommerce loyalty program is a customer retention tool geared towards keeping and engaging your existing customers, so they will buy in higher quantities, shop more often, or interact with your brand more frequently. The best programs are easy-to-understand, show a clear path to higher tiers and rewards, and offer a fun experience.
How can you stand out in creating a devoted community around your brand? Keep these pointers in mind;
- A redefined buying process, to make online shopping feel seamless
- Incentivized customer profiling, to generate richer data and boosts other marketing activities, such as personalization
- Experiential rewards and VIP benefits, to increase overall customer lifetime value
- Special interest clubs, to build communities and emphasize exclusivity
- Viral social media contests, to encourage word of mouth and build trust
Recommended Shopify App, WordPress Plugin, BigCommerce App, Magento Extension for Loyatly programs
- WooCommerce Plugin – https://wordpress.org/plugins/woorewards/
- BigCommerce App – https://www.bigcommerce.com/apps/s-loyalty/
- Magento Extension – https://amasty.com/loyalty-program-for-magento-2.html
48. Currency switcher
A currency switcher module also helps customers switch to a currency of their choice. When you have a global customer base, you need to make it easy for your customers to know the price of a product in their own currency.
Why should you integrate a currency switcher?
- Customers can checkout using their selected currency.
- Users can enable or disable payment gateways for specific currencies.
- Prices automatically change according to the customers’ IP location.
- Allows customers to shop in their preferred currency without the hassle of doing currency conversion.
Recommended Shopify App, WordPress Plugin, BigCommerce App, Magento Extension for Currency switcher
- Example – Auto Currency Switcher
- WooCommerce Plugin – https://wordpress.org/plugins/currency-switcher-woocommerce/
- BigCommerce App – https://www.bigcommerce.com/apps/bold-multi-currency/
- Magento Extension – https://www.mageworx.com/magento-2-auto-currency-switcher.html
49. Push notifications
Push notifications are succinct updates sent to the users even when they are not on your store. Due to its crisp approach, there is no beating around the bush and information is shared in a jiffy. It helps to leverage geographical targeting and communicate in a timely fashion keeping time zones in mind.
How do push notifications help?
- Retarget users effectively and tackle abandoned carts
- Increase sales by segmenting users on basis of interest and behavior
- Boost conversions by engaging, re-engaging and retaining users on Desktop and Mobile
Recommended Shopify App, WordPress Plugin, BigCommerce App, Magento Extension for Push notifications
- BigCommerce App – https://store.webkul.com/BigCommerce-SMS-Notification.html
- Magento Extension – https://www.magedelight.com/push-notifications-magento-2.html
50. Save time by storing the credit card info
Once your stored payment information is established, every time you checkout it is a snap!
If you don’t already have stored payment functionality on your association’s website, here are some good reasons why you should consider adding it today:
- Removes unnecessary barriers
- Increased speed
- Improved user experience
- Trusted and secure
- Increased customer engagement
The recurring revenue of a subscription model can be a lifeline for your business through the ups and downs of the market.
Ecommerce subscriptions help brands increase repeat purchases. ecommerce subscriptions are about strong customer relationships. Subscriptions turn customers, who already see the value your company provides, into loyal followers who become reliable sources of recurring revenue. In fact, the longer a customer uses your product or service, the more valuable they become to you. Plus, higher customer retention rates mean lower acquisition costs in the long term.
Here are some benefits of running subscriptions for your ecommerce store;
- Increased retention
- Improved forecasting
- More engagement opportunities
- Easier customer relationship management
Recommended Shopify App, WordPress Plugin, BigCommerce App, Magento Extension for Subscriptions
- WooCommerce Plugin – https://wordpress.org/plugins/yith-woocommerce-subscription/
- BigCommerce App – https://www.bigcommerce.com/apps/recurring-billing-vaulting-minibc/
- Magento Extension – https://marketplace.magento.com/magenest-module-subscription.html
Example- Recurring Order & Subscription
52. Auto detect location
With auto-detect location options available today, audiences can be targeted at the country, state, city, and ZIP code level to determine the best potential ad placements. Google AdWords has also created a geo-targeting feature: income location targeting.
This gives advertisers the capability to target consumers based on their income levels zip code.
Not only does it enable you to match the most relevant content to your visitor, Geo Targeting also serves as an excellent basis for experimenting with traffic to optimize your funnels.
Example- GeoIP Country Redirect by Spice gems
We, as humans, have an embedded anxiety of missing out on what other human fellows are experiencing. This anxiety is called FOMO standing for Fear of Missing Out, and it is nothing new. However, FOMO has certainly been intensified by the rise of social media, especially amongst millennials.
So what does this mean for you? As a website owner, you can take advantage of this human psychological behaviour to boost your brand recognition and, ultimately, drive sales.
Here are some effective techniques of using FOMO on your ecommerce store;
- Apply a time limit on your offer
- Mention missed opportunities
- Have a countdown timer
- Display some real-time activity
- Show stock levels
- Display user-generated content
- Urge your shoppers to checkout
54. Video of products
Videos of each product can delight your customers, proving to be a gold mine in the world of eCommerce. These videos not only give your visitors a better sense and a 360-degree view of the product but also decrease the possibility of returns and exchange after your customer has bought the product.
The purpose of a product video is to help businesses convey what their products can do. Also, a video eCommerce strategy enables your potential customers to understand all aspects of your product virtually without having to visit in person.
How do product videos help?
- Increases conversion rates
- Increases average order value
- Attracts new customers by offering useful content that helps answering their queries
Recommended Shopify App, WordPress Plugin, BigCommerce App, Magento Extension for Video of products
- WooCommerce Plugin –
- Magento Extension – https://www.iwdagency.com/products/product-videos-m1
Example- Product Video Integrate