- Image Optimization means better Google ranking and better page speed.
- Google loves to crawl images for image search
- Google can’t read text on your image
- Images take much time to load and a lot images can increase your website loading time or bounce rate so avoid image as possible.
1. Image Size
- Image size should be small as possible.
2. Image Color Resolution
- Image high color resolution should be less as possible because high resolution means huge pixels and huge pixels mean large size. You can use image optimization tool. It can also help to reduce page loading time.
3. Image Name
- Write image name in a proper way (Check example in image)
4. Alt Tag
- Write relevant alt tag for image. (Check example in image)
(Note: Don’t write alt tag for decorated images and irrelevant images.)
5. Image Dimension
- Fix your image dimension because it can improve your website speed. Fix your width and height as you need.
6. Image File Format
- Use always JPEG, PNG and GIF format or extension because Google support these formats and they are also helpful to reduce image size. Expert says JPEG is best.
- GIF Format – Best for animation image
- PNG Format – Best for high resolution image
- JPEG Format – Good for both animation and high resolution image
7. Image Sitemap
Relevant Link – Google Support – Image Sitemap
8. Decorative Image
- Don’t use alt tag for decorative images because they are not relevant and only used for appealing. Use CSS styling as much as possible to replace any decorative images.
- Responsive web design can improve your website ranking so make website for mobile first, improve readability for mobile website and reduce your images especially decorative images.
Example: 5 Images in Desktop website but take 2-3 images in Mobile website (remove 2-3 unnecessary or decorative or icon images for mobile site)
10. Base64 image
- Use base64 encode for logo image or first image to get better website speed. It converts simple image into binary code.
Relevant Link – base64 Tool
Relevant SEO Blogs: